Saturday, November 20, 2010

Goodbye, Autumn!

It is no secret that autumn is my favorite season. I think many people would say the same. There are so many things to enjoy: changing leaves, football, cooler temperatures, etc. However, I recently watched this video to remind myself of the main reason I love fall. It was pretty sweet of God to organize the seasons in a way that tells the story of His gospel and of our lives. So, when I think about fall, I think about change; how painful it can be, but also how beautiful. I think about how God does not allow us to go through changes just for fun, but rather in preparation for a new season of life. Just as the trees lose their old leaves in preparation for a bare winter that will produce new leaves in the spring, certain parts of us are often stripped away leaving us bare and exposed, but ready for our own "new leaves." Living in a new place this year, this is a story I've had to tell myself quite often.

As I've been walking through this "autumn" in my life, I've been given good gifts along the way. Below are some of the things I've enjoyed this fall. Some are silly. Some are meaningful. All are wonderful, and I'm thankful for them.

1. Living a dream by studying at "Mr. Jefferson's University."

2. Fun fall days at apple orchards, wineries, Monticello, and football tailgates/games.


3. John Piper's new book, Think. Reading this while being a student has been a challenge and an encouragement to me this fall.

4. Auburn's football season and getting to attend a game in September

5. Pumpkin bread, pumpkin beer, pumpkin coffee, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, etc. You get the point.





No comments:

Post a Comment